Detailed specification continued:
| Wing area
|| 55.8 dm2
|| 6.0 sq.ft|
| Wing loading
|| 40.6 oz/sq.ft|
|| 6 channels, 8 servos (throttle, rudder, elevator, 2 aileron, 2 flaps, retract)|
| Engine Gas (benzine)
|| 30cc - 50cc|
| Engine Glow (gloeiplug)
|| 30cc 4-cycle (1.80)|
| Engine Brushless (elektro)
|| Brushless: FC6362 ~2 kW |
|| Instruction Manual|
| Manufacturers website
Fiberglass fuse and balsa built -up wing. Wing Covering Material: Solartex Fabric Covered, painted, decals applied and clear coated. The aircraft has a beautiful flat finish. The covering goes on clear, and is then primed and painted, then clearcoated.
Hardware package and illustrated instruction manual included.
Returning to designing purpose-built aircraft for Canada's north, de Havilland Canada DHC-2 Beaver was developed in 1947. After a survey of Canada's bush pilots, including the great Punch Dickins, the need for a rugged, highly versatile aerial truck which could take off and land almost any, carry a large half-ton load and be very reliable, formed the basis of a new specification. The first of the STOL family that de Havilland would produce, the Beaver would carve a niche into the bush plane market.
In the civilian sector, the Beaver soon excelled on wheels, skis and floats, so it was almost inevitable, that, in 1951, the Beaver would be ed by the US Air Force and Army as a new liaison aircraft. In the nine years that followed, 968 L-20As were delivered to the armed forces, most going to the Army. They served in both the Korean and Vietnam wars, hauling freight and personnel around the battlefields, mapping enemy troop positions, leading search/rescue missions, and relaying radio traffic, among other missions. In 1962, the L-20 was re-designated the U-6A, and many remaining examples remained in service well into the 1970s. Beavers were also purchased and used by the military services of numerous other nations, including Britain, Chile and Colombia.
With almost 1,700 built in a production run lasting two decades, civilian-owned Beavers continue plying their trade in over 50 ries all around the world. A turbine-conversion, the Turbo-Beaver first flew in December 1963. This version featured a Pratt & Whitney PT6A6 turboprop, which offered lower empty and higher takeoff weights, and even better STOL performance. The Turbo Beaver's cabin was also longer, allowing maximum accommodation for 11, including the pilot. Externally, the Turbo Beaver had a much longer and reprofiled nose, and squared off vertical tail. DHC also offered conversion kits enabling piston powered Beavers to be upgraded to Turbo standard. Other conversions have been performed by a number of companies including Kenmore Aviation and Viking Air.